Wednesday, February 3, 2010

What’s in a name?

This is my first post to my very first blog!  The reason I created this blog is to share my crafting ideas with people who have an interest in what I do. My posts will be geared towards crafty projects and ideas but also other areas that interest me. Like cooking, photography, books, crafting tools, scrapbooking, card making, boy I could go on and on.. I am new to this whole blogging world so I am warning you, things might look a little funky from time to time. I really do hope you enjoy reading what’s to come and if you have any suggestions please let me know.

You may be wondering why I chose Aurora Crafts for my blog name. In short, the name is a dedication. Aurora is my grandmother and the queen of my heart. She made quite a name for herself in her era. Just ask any senior raised in Oxnard, they all remember her. She was an accomplished musician. She played many instruments and she had her own band. She was Oxnard’s first Queen, and rode on a grand float for the Fiestas Patrias Parade. My husband’s grandma Celia says she remembers going to the Plaza Park where the competition was held, and voting for my grandma to win the crown. Not really knowing my grandma personally but going by what everyone said about her and how wonderful and friendly she was. My grandma Aurora was well on her way to stardom when she gave it all up for love. She married and had children. There is so much I could tell you about her. She had the biggest heart, and wow what an incredible smile she had!  My grandma passed away Dec. 26, 2003. I miss her dearly but I know I will see her someday again.  I will end this post today with pictures of her,  in her memory.

IMG

IMG_0001

 IMG_0003

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you posted this. I knew that there had to be a significance and was going to ask.

    Yeah for grandmas that are inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela

    I'm so glad you have a blog! Now I can keep up with you you've been up to.

    Your grandmother was a beautiful woman. I loved my grandmother - she died in 2000 and I miss her dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was a great story of garndma. i could't have done a better job. man now i miss the good old day when we were kids running a muck all over her house! love u sis & thank for being you. your bro.ricky

    ReplyDelete

Will craft for comments