Friday, June 3, 2011

Encouragement

Hi friends. It’s been so great having a little vacay from school. I am so at carefree these days. I have been getting my fill of pleasure reading. Thanks to Gwen ;) If you fancy reading, you should totally check out her blog. It’s amazingly entertaining and you can always find something good to read. Right now I’m reading a book called Vixen. It’s about a rich beautiful & spoiled 1920’s girl who turns rebel right before her nuptials, because she wants to be a flapper. It’s better then reality TV!

 

Ok so on to my card I wanted to do a couple of challenges. I haven’t inked up any stamps in a really long time. I’m afraid they are feeling so very neglected at this point. DH even mentioned boxing up my rubber/ink for storage. My response was let me think about it, Umm NO! I had to buy something new to get my mojo back. I bought  new rubber, wonderful bible versus, so I can make some Christian encouragement cards. Variety is good. Paired up with Tilda praying makes a very encouraging card.

DSCN0435

A closer look will reveal the adornment on her hair piece

DSCN0439

Here are the challenges I would like to enter this card in:

Magnolia-licious  Purple & yellow

Copic creations  Color to look like distress (challenging technique)

cute card thursday Embellish your image

Our Daily Bread  Use your favorite stamp  (Scripture 2)

 

Thanks for hanging around and I’ll post more soon! ~Angela

11 comments:

  1. Angela Marie, this is a beautiful stair step card. Tilda looks so sweet here and you’ve coloured her beautifully. You make me wish I have this Tilda image…LOL. Wonderful use of your dies and border punch—love the patterns. I like the design on your DP. You did a terrific job in putting this card together. Love it. Don’t leave it too long before you create another…LOL.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. very awesome angela!! I love it and the verse! Such a great talent for an even more talented sis! Love ya, Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to get my hair bobbed just like Gloria in Vixen!

    Your card is so cute. Sometimes, you just need something new to get those creative juices flowing. At least that is what I tell myself;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. just beautiful! love the pearls in her hair!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
    Have a fabulous weekend!
    Happy Crafting, Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there;0) Your card is beautiful! Love the sentiment and the detail on Tilda's headband is sp pretty! Thank you for stopping by my blog;0) Have a great weekend!

    Hugs xx
    Cecelia B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angela, this is wonderful! I am so glad you did not box up your rubber, girl! Sometimes it takes a bit of new to get the mojo going again! This is wonderful and so beautifully done! Lovely card! Thanks so much for playing ODBD Stamping In Time Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! I love this cards it is so precious!!!
    The circle's I used for the splash are stickers, and I put diamond stickles on top of them. I have had them a long time, so I don't know if you can still buy them, but I think maybe Michael's if any would have them. They have a lot of stickers. There are blue, aqua, and green in the package that I have and you can see through them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angela, your use of vintage patterned papers and filigree diecut are perfect for adding a vintage look to this Tilda image. So glad to see your entry at Copic Creations. ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  9. Precious card and lovely take on from the inspiration photo. Thank you for joining the Magnolia-licious. Hope to see you again for the next ones :-)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Angela! Such a terrific card! I love the paper engineering and the coloring is divine! Thanks for joining us at Copic Creations! Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this is so adorable! What a perfect scripture for this image! Beautiful step card! Thanks for playing in the ODBD challenges!! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete

Will craft for comments