Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Winning for the Record!

 

Hi Blog Friends, I hope your year has been great thus far. I still need to get 2013 in my head, I want to keep saying 2012 for some reason. Although 2012 was a good year to begin with, the end got pretty tough. My cousin passed away unexpectedly in October (just 3 weeks shy of his 30th birthday) and then a good friend/ neighbor passed away, and right before Christmas my daughter’s tutor who became a family friend passed on. I know that is a lot of sadness, but on the other hand, I know they are in a better place than we are. I know they had the best Christmas ever by god’s side. The reason I bring this up, not too long after I started winter break, Krista over at saturated canary had a Pinterest inspiration contest. Basically, inspire her to draw something she liked as much as you. At that minute I created a board in honor of my cousin, he was a DJ. Here is my inspiration: http://pinterest.com/socalmom76/saturated-canary-inspiration/  Even though my cousin was a male, I had this vision already imprinted in my mind. I knew if I won it would be in his honor anyway because he would have loved it too. Girl DJ’s are at the top of hotness chart, are they not?

Then I got a double surprise, Krista paired mine up with a Male character, and I immediately knew I was in love!! I can not thank Krista enough, she is the BIGGEST Sweetheart ever. Not just for this contest but she is always such a giving person and I truly admire that about her.

*Krista did a super job on this set I LOVE everything about it. I would never dream of changing it, but tomorrow I am going to my cousins graveside to leave him this card, and I wanted to make it personalized. I made the boy curly dreads like my cousin’s hair, and added his name on the sleeve. It was also hard not to girly it out so much, I added some bling for her equipment and earphones. I made little records for embeliies and the zebra print across is duct tape (the patterned kind). 

Here is a closer look:

And here is DJ FuzzOne himself rocking the beats:

578387_172060226251747_24346163_n60401_158007074227766_3021891_n

I am entering my card in this weeks challenge which is song inspiration at the saturated canary

The song inspiration is (lol, my cousin would laugh at me for this) but.. Justin Bieber and Nicki Minaj, Beauty and a Beat. Thank you for looking and Krista if you see this, Thank you so VERY much you made more than my day in so many ways.

6 comments:

  1. too cute!! I love how you did his hair to match!! I coloured this awesome image up yesterday and I had so much fun doing it!
    Thank you so much for sharing your card with us over on the SC challenge blog
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an awesome tribute to one you loved so much! Love the way you've done the card and the dude looks awesome with dreads. What a lovely thing to happen for you having Krista create a digi inspired by your Pinterest board. That sure is a lot of heartache all at once, so here's hoping this little bit of lovely, will be the start of a much better year for you. Hugs, Wends xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card!
    Thanks for sharing with us all at Saturated Canary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you did with the hair..and it's a fantastic tribute to your cousin..thanks for sharing with us at Saturated Canary..hugs Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card and a beautiful tribute to your cousin. I hope your 2013 is better than 2012.

    ReplyDelete

Will craft for comments