Friday, May 25, 2012

A baby is a gift from above

Hi blog friends. I am back with a card that I made for my son’s karate instructor & wife. She is expecting a little boy! Little boys bring so much joy they are little characters especially when they reach 3-4 years. They are just so funny. I have fond memories of my son making up laugh hysterically with funny things he’d do or say. He’d say things like Blockmuster instead of blockbuster and Yakum instead of napkin. He has just brought so much joy into our little family and I know this new little guys will do the same for the Sharma’s. They are bananas for Monkey’s (last Halloween they dressed up as giant banana’s and their first born was a little circus monkey) Cutest costumes ever. So I had to use this cute Magnolia Image I bought recently, I think her name is Sally the monkey but today she has traded in her pink for blue in honor of a new baby boy that will soon be born. 

Here’s a side view. I tried to give it a 3-D effect and used super light ink, because of this the image was a bit of a challenge to work with. I added some dimension to the image using the crown and the binky as well as sticking the arm and sign in an outward position. I think next time I have a better way of achieving this look.  The Monkey is suppose to be hanging from a pocket, the pocket is going to be stuffed with a gift card like this.

I would like to enter my card in these challenges:

Magnolia-licious   Mac Make-up pallet color inspiration

Totally Tilda   Oh Baby

Magnolia stamp lovers Square shaped card

ATS Blog  Inspiration Ferris Wheel of colors

Bunny Zoe Anything goes    

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Sweet! Love the adorable image and color combo. Thank you for joining us at All That Scarps this week.
    Good Luck and Tons Of Hugs, Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way this is made:-) cute monkey! Thank you for joining us at All That Scraps
    Hugs
    Michele

    ReplyDelete

Will craft for comments