Thursday, August 2, 2012

Fun to share

Hi friends, I hope your summer is spectacular so far. I have been keeping busy with the kids; I have to to say this summer has been a great one for us. In the beginning of summer we made a list of all the things we wanted to do; we called it our summer bucket list. We have been making progress in scratching things off; it’s been ridiculously fun. Today the kids and I are going to the water park, and later this week the county fair. It’s fun to share time with my favorite little people and that one special big person too, on his days off.

I haven’t done any challenges or card making in a while, and I totally miss it. I have been doing small things here and there; more out of necessity than just because. Hopefully this week I will have some free time to make some card. I wanted to share a couple things I’ve made, hopefully it inspires you to try something new.

First up is this banner I made for my daughter’s 1st holy communion. I used a retired Stampin Up pennant banner XL die, I just can’t tell you how perfect this is for any occasion and I plan on using it allot more in the near future. My daughter hung the banner in her room after the party; this made mama very happy.

A close up:  and not sure if you could make out the image but I bought this image from mo’s and I colored them sepia tones http://www.mosdigitalpencil.com/products/Joy.html

Here are the cookie’s I made for my little angry bird. He loves everything angry birds so I surprised him with these. It was harder than I anticipated, but what fun would it be if there was no challenge?

This was my first time ever decorating a sugar cookie, so I tried to not be so hard on myself. I got a ton of instruction from http://karenscookieblog.com/  And I also googled (is that a real verb?) lol Anyhow I hope you had fun looking and that you will be inspired to try new things this summer too. Until next time ~ Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will craft for comments