Thursday, June 6, 2013

“Viva Las VegaStamps! DT Tryout”.

Hello there, I am back from my vacation. Can I just say it was so needed, and so fun! I look forward to the beginning of summer because that is when the hubby and I take 5, and go to Vegas together, without the kidlets. One thing I finally had the chance to do, was visit this fine “little” establishment called Viva Las Vegas Stamps. Here I am in front of the store

It was a little tricky to find, and my GPS kept sending me to another building close by. We almost gave up. But I finally found it, and It was so worth the visit. See me shopping?

I’ve been in some serious need for change, I love my card making style but I felt something was lacking. So I thought I might find the mojo I needed to try some altered arts again. What better place to look than Viva? Can I just tell you it was just what I needed. I was imagining things before I got to inking anything up. On the way home I started thinking, I should have asked the guy at the register if he has a Design Team, and what I could do to be apart of it? I decided to look on their blog for some inspiration and low and behold they were having a DT call! How perfect and coincidental was that? So here I am trying out for a Design Team. I never once tried out for any DT, because I just never felt it in my heart or felt excited or passionate enough to do so. I always thought I would be on a DT sometime, but it would have to be the right time and for the right reason. I feel like these stamps will give me my own identity in the craft world and I can’t wait to order more! The variety is endless and I like that it’s not just one type or style.

This is what I made tonight, It’s a magnet from a Viva las vegastamp image. It’s hilarious!

It’s a multi image that you flip to get another picture. (sorry, the depth of the magnet is casting a shadow) Here is a side view

I added some glitter stickles to create an effect of sugar on the rim.

I colored the image and made the background myself with copic markers, and my momento pen in tux black. I just masked the image and got to drawing and coloring up some little rita glasses. The magnet I used is the type to make business cards from, I had a ton left over from my office days. I also used modge podge glossy finish to give it a finished sheen, and also to preserve it.

Some of my favorite pieces of work can be found here:

http://aurora-crafts.blogspot.com/2010/08/this-is-must-make-for-moms.html

 

http://aurora-crafts.blogspot.com/2010/05/beautiful-nightmare.html

 

http://aurora-crafts.blogspot.com/2012/02/all-dogs-go-to-heaven.html

 

I’m so excited to be entering in this DT Call, and it would be awesome to be apart of the Viva Las Vegastamp team! So wish me luck and till next time see ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will craft for comments