Thursday, May 2, 2013

A reason to write

I have nothing crafty to share today, rather a conversation and a bit about me. I was sitting at the lunch table with some fun girls yesterday, whom I met a few months back. We all began to talk about our families, and they asked the age old question “do you have a picture of your family?” I began to go for my wallet, when I realized I only had my wristlet. Surely you must have one on your phone!  More or less this is all I came up with…

IMG_20130418_090143

Yup, Bacterial growth in agar slants. O’ yes these are mommies near and dear pictures stored in my phone. I am not on any social networks (aside from my blog) which really doesn’t count as Social network. So I really had nothing to show them.

Naturally, I thought about this a lot last night. I wondered if people wonder, Who are you? It’s nice to know about people and so with that I will share a little bit of myself with you.

My name is Angela Marie, (aurora is my grandmother who passed on) I am 36 years old and still feel like a kid in many ways. I have always loved the arts. I never thought I was good at it, but I knew something was special when I could appreciate sharp Crayola crayons and a fresh new coloring book at an early age!  Here I am with my brother.IMG_0003

I was mostly raised by my dad and we are like two peas in a pod, except when he’s grouchy. We both have heart conditions, and that is what gives me the burning desire to be a cardiology nurse. Plus I find the human heart absolutely fascinating.

 

You know what else is fascinating? My daughter, who made me that heart charm above out of polymer clay. We are also like two peas in a pod (except she is way more gorgeous) we are so much a like that we bump heads at times, but never hold a grudge. She is so talented and humbled, I am so proud to be her mama. Here is a picture of myself and Tyla, she’s 14.

photo

Another fascinating person is my lil human version of Wikipedia. His name is Joshua and he is such an interesting lil man child. I say that because I do believe he has an old soul. He is very eclectic, and I can’t explain where he gets it from. He likes thrift shopping, antiquing, bird watching, jig saw puzzles, fishing and his latest interest are in records and vintage record players. The only current thing he likes are video games and even those aren’t too current because he only requests videogames from the 80’s and 90’s! I know it’s pretty different.. But He knows what he likes and I say that is way cool!

Saving the best for last.. This is my best friend Tom. He’s been there for me through thick and thin. We met at a new year’s eve party and were married 9 month’s later. And here we are almost 15 years later, and I love him more today than yesterday. He get’s me, you know. He’s my biggest supporter. He is the kindest person I know. I admire that in him. I can’t say enough about how happy he makes me, and of course everyone has there ups and downs but I am blessed this man was crazy enough to stick it out with me this long,Winking smile

 

DSCN2236

Here is another one of us.

meandtom

Family is a beautiful thing ~ Family is my everything. Thanks for allowing me to share a little bit of me with you.

((hugs))) Angela

2 comments:

Will craft for comments